Though ClickFunnels is quite easy to use, executing some functions might be complex for a few people. Tasks like deletion, archival, and pausing are frequently required, but may feel tricky the first few times.
Before deleting, archiving, and pausing ClickFunnels pages and account, ensure that you read through the instructions at least twice. Jumping on to the execution part without fully understanding what you’re doing may result in irreversible damage. If in doubt, contact the support team.
The article is presented as a simple step-by-step guide so that you do not feel overwhelmed.
How to Delete Funnel Steps on ClickFunnels?
If you need to delete a funnel for whatever reason, the process is pretty straightforward.
If you want to reduce your page count on ClickFunnels or just want to delete some pages that aren’t serving any purpose at that moment, you can do it with the following steps.
1. Go to the page you want to delete.
2. Navigate to the funnel’s bottom right corner.
3. Click on the Delete Funnel Step button.
4. A popup will appear, asking you to confirm if you’re sure.
5. Click OK.
Step 2: Deleting Pages Under Other Pages in ClickFunnels
1. Navigate to the funnel with the page you wish to delete.
2. Find Other Funnel Steps in the Funnel navigation bar.
3. Expand the drop-down list and select the step you wish to delete.
4. Select the Delete Funnel Step Option.
It is important to note that any pages under the Other Funnel Steps that were made with a template will count toward your funnel page limit. As a result, a funnel step will need an assigned template before you can remove it from this section.
Why Would Someone Delete a Step, Page, or the Whole Funnel on ClickFunnels?
There are many reasons why someone might delete a funnel or funnel step in ClickFunnels. A lot of times, funnel deletion occurs by accident.
But it is also possible for users to delete a funnel that no longer serves any purpose. Either way, the key reasons why people delete funnels are:
Although ClickFunnels has a user-friendly interface, it’s possible to get confused and delete a funnel by mistake.
This is especially common because deleting a funnel is easy and only requires a few simple steps.
It’s therefore important to pay attention to the pop-up boxes that appear before you confirm any action on ClickFunnels.
Some people delete funnels after they achieve their goals with them. They may also delete specific funnel steps that are no longer necessary to the funnel.
Some people also delete funnels to free up space for new ones. If you reach your funnel limit on ClickFunnels, you cannot add new funnels until you remove a few.
How to Archive a Funnel on ClickFunnels?
You can’t add any more funnels if you’ve reached your funnel limit on ClickFunnels. This becomes a frustration for some people, but there is a way around it.
You can always archive or suspend funnels that you no longer need at that moment.
You can use the following steps to remove some funnels from your funnel list and create room for new ones.
Doing this will not delete the funnels entirely, but it will make them inactive and stop them from counting towards your funnel limit.
1. Go to the funnel you’d like to archive.
2. At the top navigation menu, click on Settings.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the settings page.
4. Navigate to Archive Funnel on the bottom left.
5. The archive process for the funnel will begin. You can repeat this procedure for as many funnels as you need to.
6. Once you’re done, your funnel count will reduce by the number of funnels you’ve archived.
However, it’s important to note that your changes will not display on your dashboard immediately.
Therefore, you should give the system about half an hour to process the information and update it on the servers.
If the changes haven’t been updated after 30 minutes, try logging out of your ClickFunnels account and logging back in.
1. Within your ClickFunnels account, navigate to the top menu bar and hover around the ClickFunnels Menu.
2. Navigate to the funnel you’d like to archive from the list of funnels.
3. Click on the three dots next to the funnel listing.
4. Select Archive from the options.
5. Click OK on the popup that appears.
How to Unarchive a Funnel in ClickFunnels?
As mentioned above, you can archive a funnel for many reasons. Many people do it to reduce their funnel count.
However, if you need to restore the funnel in the future, it’s possible to do it in a few simple steps. Here’s what you need to do:
Log in to your ClickFunnels account and locate the top navigation bar. Click on ClickFunnels, then Funnels on the drop-down menu that appears.
Click on Archived, then look for the funnel you want to restore on the list that appears.
Click Restore on the white button next to the archived funnel you want to recover. A pop-up box will appear asking you to confirm your choice. Click OK.
Your archived funnel should now appear in your funnel list.
If it doesn’t appear immediately, refresh your browser or give the servers a few minutes to update the information.
You may decide to cancel your ClickFunnels account for a variety of reasons. For example, you might decide to stop using funnels after achieving your intended goal.
Or maybe you decided to switch careers and found that you no longer need to market using funnels. It might also be an accident.
Although the account cancellation process is quite elaborate, you might still find yourself at the wrong end, especially if you’re distracted while working on ClickFunnels.
Some people even delete their accounts, then have second thoughts about it. Is everything lost? No!
Regardless of why you canceled your ClickFunnels account, you can recover it.
However, it’s recommended to try and do so within 30 days of cancellation because, after that, the account or some of its contents might be deleted permanently.
To restore your ClickFunnels account, log in with your details as you usually would and choose the subscription plan you’d like.
The card you provided initially will immediately be charged in advance for a month of that subscription plan.
Now that we’ve talked about account recovery, let’s cover how to delete your account. After all, everyone should know how to get in and out of a membership.
Of course, you can always go back if you change your mind, but this knowledge is important to have.
How to Cancel a ClickFunnels Account?
1. On your account’s dashboard, hover over your account icon in the top right corner.
2. Select Account settings.
3. Scroll down to Account Billing on the menu that appears on the right.
4. Choose Cancel account under the Account Billing & Subscription tab.
5. Click the Cancel my subscription button.
6. Choose a reason for canceling your subscription on the form and answer ALL the required questions.
7. Navigate to the bottom of the next page and check the box to confirm that you understand that you will lose access to your information.
8. Click on the Cancel my account box.
9. Type the word CONFIRM as required, then click on Proceed with cancelation.
How Do You Pause/Unpause Your ClickFunnels Account?
ClickFunnels also allows users to pause their memberships at any time.
This is a helpful feature for those who need to take a break but intend to return to the program later. However, you still need to pay a fee to pause.
ClickFunnels calls this the Pause plan.
How to Pause Your ClickFunnels Account?
Pausing a ClickFunnels account is as easy as canceling a subscription. Here are the steps you should follow.
1. Log in to your ClickFunnels account.
2. On your account’s dashboard, hover over your account icon in the top right corner.
3. Choose Account Settings.
4. Scroll down to Account Billing on the menu that appears on the right.
5. Select Cancel account under the Account Billing & Subscription tab.
6. Click the Cancel my subscription button.
7. Take the survey explaining why you’re canceling your ClickFunnels account.
8. A pause buttonwill appear.
9. Click on Pause account.
How to Unpause Your ClickFunnels Account?
You can restore or unpause your ClickFunnels account at any time. All you need to do is log in with your details as you usually would.
At that point, you can upgrade or downgrade to any package you’d like, and your card will be billed for the time remaining in the billing cycle.
Since billing happens in advance every month when you change your subscription, the changes are effective immediately, but the billing does not change.
The billing is distributed according to the plan change, and the difference is added to the following month’s bill.